Vet Diary - ADCH Promoting Animal Welfare
We have recently returned from a most interesting Congress down in Bornemouth. The Association of Dogs and Cats Homes (ADCH), which we recently became a member of, is an organisation set up to provide support and advice for smaller charities and not-for-profit organisations who care about animals. They provide us with a Code of Practice, to ensure best practice in animal welfare for those member charities. Their annual congress is an opportunity for us all to share our experiences, and to learn from the bigger charities.
The purposes of the Association are to:
- Develop good practice and influence others working in the rescue and/or rehoming of dogs and cats.
- Address common problems and issues.
- Explore and, where appropriate, negotiate price reductions through economies of scale.
- Exchange information and provide mutual support where practicable, which may include the movement of dogs and cats between organisations.
- Combine resources to encourage workable, welfare enhancing legislation.
- Exchange knowledge in construction and refurbishment of facilities.
- Where appropriate and agreed, represent the views of members to a wider audience.